Good policy and governance frameworks are a cornerstone of effective resource management. Clear policy and legal frameworks establish effective ‘rules of the game’, while strong governance systems provide stable, responsive and accountable systems to implement them.
MRAG Asia Pacific understands the central role effective policy and governance plays in natural resource management and works closely with clients in both developing and developed world contexts to strengthen management systems.
- Independent reviews of policy, governance and management systems;
- Policy and governance system development;
- Capacity building and institutional strengthening;
- Fisheries management planning; and
- Organisational strategic planning.
MRAG’s team of staff and associates can draw on decades of experience running fisheries management organisations at the national and international level, as well as stakeholder organisations, to bring unique and practical insights on ‘what works’ to every job.